All reasonably practicable actions will be taken to ensure the maintenance of a safe and healthy working environment, the health and safety of all persons, and to prevent damage to nursery property, by promoting awareness of legal, personal and economic responsibilities.
Daily risk assessments enable us to action any issues as required. We also run in-depth yearly risk assessments to review our environment and ensure its continued suitability.
• The requirements of the Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) 2017
• The regulations of the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and any other relevant legislation such as Control Of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulation (COSHH)
• Any guidance provided by Public Health England, the local health protection unit, the local authority environmental health department, fire authority or the Health and Safety Executive.
• Maintain a healthy, safe nursery with safe entry and exit routes
• Establish and maintain a safe and healthy environment throughout the nursery, including outdoor spaces
• Encourage all staff, visitors and parents to report any unsafe working practices or areas to ensure immediate response by the management